When you have an open position in manufacturing, it can be a highly competitive interviewing process. It’s a great problem to have a position with so much qualified interest, but it can be a challenge to determine which candidate is the best fit for your company.
Prepare yourself for the interviews to find your best manufacturing candidate by reviewing key questions ahead of time.
Best Interview Questions to Fill Your Manufacturing Job
Choose to ask a few questions from each category to find the best manufacturing worker for your open position.
These are a few general or common questions that are asked in nearly every interview. They are a good way to break the ice and, based on answers, can help steer the conversation.
- What did you enjoy most about your last position?
- Why do you want to work in this area of manufacturing?
- Tell me about yourself.
Experience & Background
Of course, a resume will answer some of these questions, but hearing the candidate talk about their experience will help determine their level of experience and how it specifically relates to the position at your company.
- What manufacturing software are you familiar with?
- What are your certifications and licenses?
- What responsibilities did you have in previous manufacturing jobs, and which ones did you like the most? The least?
- How does your previous experience prepare you for this position?
Likely, if you want to ask these questions, you’re feeling pretty hopeful about the candidate. These in-depth questions will help shed light on how the candidate behaves in a workday, even in special circumstances.
- Describe a time when you stepped in to help your colleagues without being asked.
- How did you handle conflict in your last position?
- How do you avoid injuries on the job?
Build a Skilled Manufacturing Team
To find the most skilled manufacturing workers to meet your company goals, contact Expert Staffing.